Friday, October 8, 2010

SALE is not a four letter word...

It's sale time! YAAAY!  I love this time of year when the weather is still warm enough for short sleeves but you might need a jacket and you can get away with boots or tights sometimes.  The stores are getting rid of their summer merchandise and stocking up on winter. Lots of them are offering sales, mid-season, pre-season, post-season, who cares!? A sale is a sale.

ASOS, one of my favorite net sites is having their mid-season sale. For the uninitiated, ASOS is a British company that is now also catering to the US.  I'm thrilled because their fashion forward items are fantastic. They have great sales and they carry items in a huge range of prices. Plus, they are offering FREE SHIPPING both ways.  Which means, if the items don't fit, you won't even have to pay to return it to them. You can't lose. I bought two dresses (less than $25 each) and a tank ($10) yesterday that will be fantastic transitional pieces. They are spring/summer pieces that can be worn into the fall with a jacket or sweater. Did I mention that ASOS also sells Petite, Plus, Maternity, Men's, beauty products, and tons of great shoes? Check them out.

Coldwater Creek is another site that has a wide range of sizes. They are currently having a 25% off sale. That's 25% off of EVERYTHING! They have great basic and casual pieces. I also love some of their interesting jackets to jazz up a basic black dress or pants. I got an email this morning and loved the suggestion they had for layering.

photo credit: Coldwater Creek

I love the idea of using a vest under a casual jacket to add layers but not bulk. It's fantastic! I think that my NYC thrift store vest will be making an appearance like this very soon.

Shopping various web sites can help you to find cool new pieces at great prices. Don't forget to hit the sales.


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...