Saturday, October 16, 2010

Suburban Saturday Uniform

This morning I went out to a meeting and to do some errands. At one store I counted 7 women in sweat pants.  Two of them were wearing the sweats pushed up to their knees and were sporting flip flops. I know that many people are only looking for comfort when they go out to do errands but does it really take that much more effort to put on jeans, a nice shirt and a jacket than it does to put on a pair of sweats and a t-shirt? Even worse, why are people leaving the house in their pajama pants? Pajamas are not fashion.



I can hear the groans now. "I don't care what I look like, I'm only doing errands." "People should care more about me than my appearance."  I think that looking sloppy shows that you don't care about how you are percieved and you don't care about yourself.  Looking nice doesn't have to be uncomfortable. Comfort isn't a style, it's an excuse. Don't even get me started on people who think that flip flops can be worn with any outfit and to any event. That's a blog posting in and of itself.

I always feel better about myself when I take the time to think about my outfit. I think everyone feels more confident and carries themself better when you look good.  Isn't your self confidence worth a few minutes time?


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...